In this digital era, where everyone has started using a minimum of 1-2 email accounts, efficient email management is an essentially needed skill to know how to do email management. It is estimated that an average office worker receives about 121 emails daily; that is, approximately 28 percent of their workweek is spent on checking emails. This shows that having good email management strategies and email management tips are essential to have a good work and life balance. Are you spending your precious moments reading and responding to emails? Read the blog further to know some fantastic tips for email management that help you manage time more efficiently!
Top 10 tips for email management
Nowadays, emails have become a vital communication place to initiate business deals and conversations across organizations. Let’s help you get your inbox to zero with these top ten email management gmail tips that will help you manage emails efficiently and know how to do email management.
These Gmail productivity tips are simple and easy to follow too. Get ready to organize your inboxes and increase productivity in your job!
- Schedule time for checking emails: The first tip is to master this time management technique. When email notification keeps popping up, we will lose our interest in our current work. To stop these constant email alerts and interruptions, you have to allocate a time slot and check all your emails in one go. You can plan the time slots two to three times a day. This will give you a break between the notifications.
- Hit that “delete” button: Completely delete emails that you have read and that you think are unimportant. Delete as much as you can. Go wild! Say bye-bye to these unwanted emails that crowd your inbox. This is one of the practical tips for email management gmail. If you are a Gmail user, note that you keep all the deleted messages inside the ‘Trash’ folder for thirty days. So, you can revisit them if you want some emails back. You can even schedule a time to wash your inbox messages once a week or once in three days.
- Unsubscribe or “mass unsubscribe” – More than our important or actual emails, it is the promotional emails that crowd our inboxes a lot. So, unsubscribe from all these unwanted newsletters and subscriptions. This will help you to reach inbox zero effectively.
- Create folders to put emails wherever they belong. Slot your emails into various folders and filter the unwanted emails. You can label these folders according to your needs. These tips for email management would help you know how to do email management with multiple emails pouring from multiple accounts.
- Pause your inbox – If you feel that constant emails make you feel sick or lessen your productivity, pause your inbox message for a while. You can change your setting in your phone / PC into silence mode and stop receiving email notifications for a time. This is a good email management tips that will refresh your mind about email notifications and give you a break from too many emails. for efficient email management.
- Read and respond to short emails immediately as soon as they pop up. It stops your inboxes from getting piled up with messages. We will also have increased focus and productivity while we read a limited number of emails. Coming back to your inbox and reading emails, a large number of emails will surely tire you and make you lose interest in reading them.
- Flag or Star or Save emails that require ‘more’ attention. There’ll be emails that need you to give a well-thought-out and crafted response. If you don’t have the time to answer them now, save them in a place where you can quickly re-access them. In Gmail, you can start your emails, and they will automatically get stored in the ‘starred’ section of the mail. This is a good email management gmail technique that you can employ easily to know how to do email management.
- Disable social media email notifications – Whenever someone puts a ‘post’ or ‘story’ on social media sites like Instagram and Facebook, you will get a notification via email. You have to report each tiny issue that goes on in your social media feed. Instead of crowding your inboxes with these unwanted notifications, you can disable these email notifications. This is another tips for email management.
- Delegate! If you are checking your office account, you can allocate or forward some of the emails to your colleagues who specialize in that department. This is a good tips for email management as experts in their field will deal with the emails efficiently.
- Create default replies –If you discover yourself re-writing constant messages over and over again, you’ll be able to produce your templates for similar responses. This can help you save loads of your time that otherwise writing a mail from scratch would need. This is another best email management tip that will help you to reduce your writing burdens.
Apart from these tips for email management, another easy shortcut is to seek the help of email management softwares. One app for email management, like Mailman, help us manage emails efficiently and thereby know how to do email management. Mailman is a good email management app that provides all-around facilities to manage inbox messages. This email management softwares shields you from unimportant emails, and you can also set time slots to receive all our emails in one go.
Use these Tips for email management
The strain associated with efficient email management is real! Stop spending half your lifetime on checking emails! Don’t fall into ‘email checking’ addiction either! Start using some of the best email management tips and email management apps. Eventually, you will learn to manage emails that constantly keep disrupting your life. You can also personalize these tips for email management and tricks according to your needs. These email management softwares and tips will surely help manage inbox messages efficiently and save your time enormously!
Outlook stores all the info such as emails, events, contacts, messages, calendars etc. in the form of . pst files. If PST file is corrupted, it hinders the normal functioning of Outlook and makes Outlook inbox show unread messages even if they are not there.
Once you open the play store on your mobile, download the Gmail app in case you have an iPhone. After the set-up and installation, enter your details to confirm your identity either your phone number or email address. Enter password. Once you enter your password, your Gmail inbox appears.
1. Go to Facebook using the official website. Enter your username and password at the Facebook login page.
2. Go to your Facebook inbox, tap on the message bubble icon located between the Facebook logo and the search field.
3. Click on the other folder and access your emails.
4. Go to your email provider, click on your phone browser and open it using your Facebook mail ID.
5. Log into your email account.
1. Select emails by category, sender, or subject and delete.
2. Set appropriate filters to delete by bulk.
3. Delete old emails that are redundant.